Cobb Salad with Fresh Herbs
- Prep: 15 min
- Yields: 2
Packed with flavourful veggies, beans and hard boiled eggs, this Cobb salad recipe from Egg Farmers of Canada is sure to become your new favourite. Know that Canada’s 1,200 egg farmers in all 10 provinces and the Northwest Territories work hard to, produce fresh, local, high-quality eggs year round, every day...
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped romaine
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped endive
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cooked white navy beans
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cooked small potatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) roasted cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh corn kernels
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh herbs (e.g. basil, tarragon, parsley and mint)
In a large mixing bowl, combine romaine, endive, beans, potatoes, tomatoes, corn, and avocado.
Toss with olive oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
Divide salad between two plates. Garnish with eggs and herbs. Serve immediately.
Brought to You by
Chicken Farmers of Canada is proud to be responsible for ensuring that our 2,800 farmers produce the right amount of the fresh, safe, high-quality chicken that Canadians trust. Canadians want Canadian chicken, now more than ever.
Dairy Farmers of Canada is responsible for the sustainable production of milk and the healthy consumption of Canadian dairy products.
Turkey Farmers of Canada represents over 520 turkey farmers who are please to be part of a sustainable turkey industry that ensures a healthy, year-round food choice for Canadians.
Egg Farmers of Canada represents Canada’s more than 1,200 egg farmers in all 10 provinces and the Northwest Territories who provide Canadians with a continuous supply of fresh, local, high quality eggs.
Canadian Hatching Egg Producers is proud to be a leader in food safety and animal care, ensuring a steady supply of broiler hatching eggs to the Canadian chicken industry.